I have a bunch of new posts lined up, but before I can type ’em up and post them, I have a “few” things to do:
- ECON Prelim (hopefully, I passed)
- COMS 330 Design Document for a large-scale database system that may take over my life and/or explode some time around late November.
- STS 355 essay – 3-5 pages on 19th century computers, and how they give me warm gooey feelings inside. (I still have to check whether the bits I wrote at 4 A.M. are logical, or even coherent. I may be taking bets on that one.)
- Statistics Prelim (not too painful, but those are the ones to watch out for…)
- COMS 330 Homework.
- Run around, wildly flailing my arms about and yelling at squirrels.
(I also did a bit of general primal screaming for good measure.)
- Statistics problem set (well, I turned something in…)
- COMS 474 project, where I have to teach a stupid computer what the stupid word “activate” means. Stupid. I finally got it done, with what I thought were a bunch of errors. it turns out that those errors are not errors, but difficulties that everyone has in making a word-sense disambiguation system. I did ok.
- Write beatnik poetry for the religious college student
Here it is:
The end is nigh.
I go to a Godless university.